enter BIOS to boot from CD

Tony275 17:09 25 Nov 07

Hi, I have a dell inspiron 1520 laptop, I want to enter the BIOS to change the boot order so I can boot fron CD.
I have tried delete and f2 both of those keys brought up a dell diagnostic screen but no option to enter BIOS.
If anyone can help I would be most grateful.

Regards T

Gordal 17:12 25 Nov 07

Dell seem generally regarded as helpful, why not ring them a quick ring?

johnnyrocker 17:17 25 Nov 07

an os might be of help.

johnny

VoG II 17:18 25 Nov 07

F2 should work click here

Sparkly 17:22 25 Nov 07

On my Dell its F2

Tony275 17:35 25 Nov 07

Gordal I pay for phone calls and don't make very many of them.

Operating system vista home but why you need to know that for BIOS entry is beyond me.

VoG that was the page I looked at, But All I can access with f2 pressed is a diagnostic screen.

The laptop is a free one from the carphone warehouse/aol promotion.

I'm very happy with it and a first look at vista as suprised me as I thought I was going to hate it and suprise suprise I love it, XP with a little bit of flash and this is only home basic.

anyway i'm going to keep googling and if I find the answer i'll report back.

Regards T

skidzy 17:54 25 Nov 07

Tony,on booting the Dell and if im correct you may see a blue bar at the bottom of the screen.If so when this bar has loaded,immediately tap F2 to enter the bios.

Tony275 18:20 25 Nov 07

Skidzy you were wrong but reading your answer gave me the answer, I was waiting for the blue bar and then hitting f2 wrong you have to hit f2 before the blue bar appears or you go into a dell diagnostic screen.

so without your advice i'd would have probably been here all night.

many thanks to all especialy skidzy

Regards T

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…