Enough protection for pc ??....right choice ??

RKMonty 14:34 03 Sep 05

I have installed Sygate Firewall, Spybot S & D, Spyware Blaster, Adaware and Avast Anti Virus 4.6....I think this is enough protection. Taken from all of your postings and advice.

So I can now safely get rid of Norton Internet security and have already got rid of Webroot Spy Sweeper....felt that these were slowing pc down a lot......and they cost money !!

Have I made the right choice ?? Comments welcomed...

VoG II 14:36 03 Sep 05

I would add Microsoft AntiSpyware click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:42 03 Sep 05

With the addition of MS antispy you will be well protected.

griffon 56 15:08 03 Sep 05

Hi RK,

If you're on dialup recommend click here. A good extra is aSquared spyware killer from click here, it also gets rid of trojans. There's a lot of free stuff at click here and I wouldn't be without CCleaner which not only erases history traces but resolves issues and uninstalls programs. There's a malware removal forum at click here and Hijack This is available from click here. Regards

griffon 56 15:10 03 Sep 05

P.S. CCleaner's from click here

RKMonty 22:04 03 Sep 05

Do you think I should uninstall Norton IS fully ? any special tips on this ??

dave_and_confused 22:07 03 Sep 05

Just uninstall NIS? Then run SymNRT click here=

stalion 22:07 03 Sep 05

norton is not that easy to uninstall what version are you useing?

RKMonty 23:21 03 Sep 05

2005 edition

julia23 00:01 04 Sep 05

I have read in these forums of people having conflicts when running two real time scanning agents. i.e. Spyware Blaster and Microsoft AntiSpy. I think they both do similiar jobs. Maybe someone could comment on this?

CurlyWhirly 10:15 04 Sep 05

I don't think Spyware Blaster is a real time scanning agent as I was always under the impression that it just blocked spyware from getting on to your PC in the first place by altering the registry kill-bit (whatever that is)!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…