Enlarging picture to save to disc

I have WinXP Home and use Microsoft Picture It!Photo and Print Studio 2002.
I have downloaded a picture but it is only postcard size.I wish to enlarge it to full screen and then save it to disc.However,all my attempts result in the original postcard size picture finishing up on the disc.
How do I get the full screen copy on to the disc please?

Technotiger 17:02 26 Dec 07

With the pic in full-screen, take a screen-shot and save that to My Pictures.

woodchip 17:03 26 Dec 07

You you try to enlarge it, it will lose Resolution and look grainy

pj123 17:14 26 Dec 07

I wouldn't bother. As woodchip says if you try to enlarge it you will end up with a picture that is awful.

Give us a link to the picture that you downloaded, maybe we can find a way around this.

woodchip 17:23 26 Dec 07

Just looking back at your title, If you enlarge! it uses more Disc Space

DieSse 17:25 26 Dec 07

You need to use the "Resize" option in one of you phoyo manipulation packages. Resize it to the pixel count of your screen.

Whether it looks grainy or not depends on the original picture.

Why do you want to enlarge it anyway - what perceived benefit do you have in mind?

jack 17:29 26 Dec 07

The best way around this is to leave the original it as it is for storage purposes.
then can download a program such as Picasa.
You then open the image in the program and use the resize tool ro increase the size by pixel count or linear[inches/cm] Then use that to print .
Ehen you close the program that large vesrion is lost and the orinigal stays where it is occupying the same disk space.
Another free program that will do this is Irfanview.
You could also use the 'SaveAs ' feature and keep both large and small versions.

Thanks DieSse and Jack.OK now.It is basically an eyesight problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…