Enhancing PC Sound?

SoundFiend 16:31 04 Apr 04

I have been looking around for some software to help improve the sound i get from my PC. I have a Phillips FW-M777 which i have hooked up the the USB but im looking for a higher quality sound. What steps can i take to improve it? Maybe a new sound card or some software?
My budget is low and i currently use WinAmp5.

Thanks.

fuzzyone 16:36 04 Apr 04

click here. The Audigy card @£49
also gives you a game and firewire port.

click here Creative p-580 £40.

A good setup for £90

Giggle n' Bits 00:38 05 Apr 04

er if the Creative P580 are too many in number the Creative Inspire P380 are just as good and I put money on there better than the philips sound.

edstowe 06:36 05 Apr 04

You will never get a computer to sound as good as a stand alone audio system. The biggest problem is the background noise of the computer itself - the cooler fans, hard drive rumblings and so on.

€d

I am not an audiophile and neither do I play games but recently I installed a set of Creative 6700 speakers from Ebuyer (£60) - simply fantastic 6.1 sourround sound.

Then, wanting a little more than my on board could give me (Well, to be honest, I could not get the 6.1 working properly) I installed a Creative Audigy 2 24 bit soundcard.

The results are simply incredible and if I were not an audiophile then, I am certainly getting that way now!

Cost a little high, but worth it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…