Enhanced CD is reconised as a "normal" Audio CD

mattyc_92 20:07 02 May 05

Hi, I have searched the archives for this, but haven't found any answers....

When I insert a Enhanced CD into the system, windows reconises it as a "normal" Audio CD

I know that it is a enhanced CD as I have used it before and it says on the packaging...

This has happened to me on another system, but I managed to sort it out myself, but I can't remember how I done it...

Can anyone help? and, as normal, Thanks in Advance

john-232317 20:10 02 May 05

What do you mean by enhanced ?

Technotiger 20:12 02 May 05

Hi, my chance to learn something new - what is the difference between an Enhanced CD and a normal CD? I have not heard of Enhanced CD before - as I said, my chance to learn something new.

Cheers.

mattyc_92 20:12 02 May 05

Thanks for the reply...

I mean "mixed" cd as in Audio and DATA (the audio is reconised by a standard CD Player and the data is reconised by a computer)

mattyc_92 20:14 02 May 05

The disk is "partitioned" (if you will) so that you have a Data section and an audio section, so that a CD player can read the audio and a computer can read both!!!

john-232317 20:17 02 May 05

Must be similar to a kareoke cd then ? My DVD rom wont read the text, but my DVD burner will ?

mattyc_92 20:21 02 May 05

never used a "kareoke cd" so don't really know...

Both of my drives don't reconise the disk (the one used to which is from my old system)

Technotiger 20:24 02 May 05

Me again - I have one of these CD's - CDTV MultiMedia with music tracks and interactive data items. On my PC it only shows as a data cd, it shows icons for the music tracks but will not play them, the music plays ok in a normal hifi system. The cd was originally intended for use on the Amiga 1200, on which it worked a treat.

Cheers.

mattyc_92 20:26 02 May 05

it is because the data section is only seen on a computer....

to use the audio section, just open a media player and select teh drive and it will play...

Technotiger 20:36 02 May 05

I have already tried that with WMP, Quicktime and Power DVD - no go. As I said the music plays ok in a normal HiFi, so I am not bothered by it not playing on the PC. The data parts are Karaoke and Drum-Kit and Guitar play-along inter-active bits. Don't bother with it these days anyhow.

Cheers.

mattyc_92 09:54 03 May 05

bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5