English Language XP Home edition wanted

golfpro 15:54 16 May 06

My computer has a German language version of XP Home installed, I would like to install (clean) an English version.
Which version should I be looking for??? I will be in the UK in one week, and will buy then.

rawprawn 16:05 16 May 06

I think that if you walk into somewhere like PC World and ask for XP Home you would find it is the English version. You can always ask to check.

Hertz Van Rentyl 18:08 16 May 06

I think he is trying to find a build version, however if an SP2 version is purchased it can be updated from Windows update to the most recent.

Stuartli 18:13 16 May 06

Have you tried Regional and Language Options in Control Panel?

golfpro 18:18 16 May 06

That's exactly what I am talking about. There are more than one or two versions of Windows XP on the market, I just don't want to buy the wrong one. I've got no chance of going back to the shop for an exchange.

golfpro 18:20 16 May 06

That doesn't change the menu language.

Rtus 18:28 16 May 06

Am I right in thinking you can download uk option from M/S site or is the just the office languages options bit ?

Hertz Van Rentyl 18:29 16 May 06

Sorry was not aware, perhaps its all the same thing but released on different dates and all can be updated, as comp came with XP it's something I have never had to look for. I should imagine the latest version would be available at computer stores, but even this would probably require an update.

Stuartli 18:30 16 May 06

See this Microsoft XP Language Packs info:

click here

golfpro 18:33 16 May 06

Look on the Amazon UK web site for softwear, XP Home, and you will see what I mean!!!

Stuartli 18:33 16 May 06

If you download it from a German version of microsoft.com you should be able to select English.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…