Enet drives

conrail 20:29 14 May 07

just had a call from a friend who cannot access the internet, xp (home/pro)? using NTL/Virgin (who have been no help), apparently the Enet drives need turning on, I have no idea so all help gratefully accepted

woodchip 20:33 14 May 07

I think you may mean Ethernet, Never heard of Enet

conrail 20:46 14 May 07

possibly woodchip, from what I understand is that she has a new BB modem which when I suggested using USB she said it did not have that so sounds like ethernet,

conrail 20:48 14 May 07

just been informed that she has reinstalled from the CD but still asking for Enet drivers, there should not be too many options for an ethernet cable into the back of a pc

conrail 17:16 15 May 07

update, store where she bought it said plug ethernet cable into another pc/laptop and that should kick it into life, never heard that one but will keep you updated, thanks gor all your help

RobbyMac 17:52 16 May 07

Acer laptops have a program called 'enet', just in case that's what she needs although I doubt it!

conrail 21:32 16 May 07

thanks RobbyMac, wife has an acer but not much help there, to be honest I don't know what I am looking for, friend is borrowing my xp disc to try a repair, daughter also has an acer so will offer her recovery discs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…