Endad - Unsolicited and constant Pop-Up windows

marc-man 12:26 24 Sep 03

Its driving me mad!!!! Whenever connected to the net (at home) I get an annoying pop-up window titled 'Messenger Alert' or something very similiar every 5 minutes or so. Its basically an ad for endad.com saying that by downloading their software you can eliminate their annoying pop-up messages. No way am I gonna do that!

I have run the latest build of Adaware with the latest signature file and I have run Spybot. Neither have succesfully removed this from my system.

Anyone else had this and successfully removed/stopped it?

Jester2K II 12:33 24 Sep 03

click here Stop Windows Messenger Spam - FREE

marc-man 12:45 24 Sep 03

Thanks for the reply.

Does the 'Stop Windows Messenger Spam ' freeware you mentioned, stop anything else other than these spam messeges? I dont want it to interfere with anything useful that I may be running.

Shouldnt my McAfee Firewall be able to prevent them?

Why and how am I getting targeted?

graham√ 12:48 24 Sep 03

You might as well have this as well! click here

VoG II 12:48 24 Sep 03

Explanation and another removal tool click here

ZoneAlarm stops these annoying messages from coming up.

TommyRed 13:32 24 Sep 03

Try the google toolbar click here stops ALL pop-ups on my PC and you don't even need to have it showing. TR

Djohn 14:04 24 Sep 03

All the above will work fine, or you can just disable it from following the guide here. click here It will not affect any other applications you use and is not really required on a home PC. j.

marc-man 14:09 24 Sep 03

....many thanks!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…