End of Support for AVG 6.0 - Please Read

Lionheart ? 18:13 25 Oct 04

Taken from their Website.

Grisoft announces the end of support for AVG version 6.0 effective on December 31, 2004 for technical reasons. This version has been available since 1999. It's structure does not allow for further improvements planned for version 7 nor improvements of detection techniques expected to come in the future.

End of support means we will no longer provide program updates or Virus Database updates for version 6.0 and therefore, within days, this version will not protect against new virus outbreaks!

Current AVG 6.0 users should upgrade to AVG 7.0. Information on upgrading to version 7.0 can be found at click here.

accord 18:48 25 Oct 04

so users of v6 will need to upgrade to v7 but at a price click here as i cant see any info on upgrading the free version.

accord 18:50 25 Oct 04

click here for UK prices

beeuuem 19:00 25 Oct 04

Free version 7 (beta) click here
The Beta version of AVG Free Edition will expire 11/30/2004. By this time, the final version of this product will be available for your free download.

Belatucadrus 19:15 25 Oct 04

Looking at it this seems to refer particularly to users of AVG 6 pro that didn't upgrade when 7 became available. The users of AVG free will probably need to change to the new version of AVG free (Currently available as a beta download ) when it comes on line towards the end of November.

accord 19:23 25 Oct 04

Fair enough i'll keep an eye out for it. cheers

Lionheart ? 19:32 25 Oct 04

Have tried the Beta version without any problems, although I have heard of others who have.

Djohn 19:34 25 Oct 04

Yes, there was some mention of this on their site a couple of months back. AVG 6 is coming to the end of its life cycle but there will be a free version of AVG 7 available shortly after.

Sethhaniel 10:45 26 Oct 04

works fine for me - and found items that AVG6 had missed the same day ;)

Tenacious Green 13:24 26 Oct 04

Sorry, But when will support and updated definitions actually stop. I take it that will be at the same time as the release of free AVG 7?

Sethhaniel 13:27 26 Oct 04

from top of list ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…