End Program Box

Bluesmoon 12:05 09 Dec 04

Whenever I shut down my PC the End program - explorer.exe box appears stating the program is not responding - end now or cancel. I click on end now and the PC shuts down with no apparent problems. However if I forget - shut down and walk away - that box remains there until I return when I cannot shut down/switch off my PC at all and have to resort to pulling the plug out of the back. Any ideas/suggestions please. Until this is sorted I have begun to use Opera

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:08 09 Dec 04

IE6 Error messages
click here

Repair Internet Explorer explanation
click here

Completealias 12:41 09 Dec 04

Explorer.exe isn't refering to internet explorer but windows explorer, you could try the system file checker click here;en-us;310747 for a microsoft knowledge article on it. Run from the start menu run command.

Also you could try using the recovery console to see if theres any problems with your operating system.

Another fix may be to restore to b4 the problem started happening.

Completealias 12:45 09 Dec 04

Sorry that link doesn't work, if you want to use the file checker just go to
run type sfc /scannow

You may need your xp disc to hand but if it was preinstalled chances are all the files you may need will already be there.

Bluesmoon 13:08 09 Dec 04

Thanks a lot guys. Seem to have resolved it by running sfc /scannow. Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…