End processes at start up automatically

tman16 21:31 29 May 05

Hi,

I am having trouble with my computer freezing and i found a way to fix this and this was to end process, the processes using Ctrl + Alt + Delete. Now i dont particually want to end process every time i go on the computer so i was wondering if there is a way to make the processes not load up at start up.

Thanks
Tony

VoG II 21:33 29 May 05
  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:36 29 May 05

Depending on what the process is

1. type msconfig in the run box and look under the startup tab an untick whatever you don't need running.

2. type services.msc in the run box highlight the service you do not want to start right click select properties then in the startup box swap from automatic to disabled.

next tme you rebbot the service will not start.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:38 29 May 05

Why do I bother, I can never beat you to the draw!

VoG II 21:40 29 May 05

One day my friend ...

dan11 21:49 29 May 05

Just to be on the safe side.:-) As no O\S was mentioned.

Please note that the tutorial is for windows XP. If you were to disable everything in windows 98 or ME, you would have difficulty trying to load windows.

If you do use 98 or ME, make sure that sys tray, explorer and task manager are still running.

tman16 21:56 29 May 05

In either the 'services.msc' or 'msconfig' i cant end some of the processes which appear using Ctrl + Alt + Delete. is there a way to make these not load aswell at start up?

VoG II 22:00 29 May 05

Well if the video that I posted didn't help:

Satart, Run, tyoe in

msconfig

and then click OK.

Tick the Startup tab.

Untick the programs that you do not want to run and click OK.

Restart your computer.

tman16 22:02 29 May 05

Vog i already knew about msconfig but some of the processes in Ctrl + Alt + Delete do not feature in msconfig. How do i stop these??????

VoG II 22:04 29 May 05

What are the names of these processes?

tman16 22:07 29 May 05

servic~1.exe
wdfmgr.exe
wanmpsvc.exe
symwsc.exe
jusched.exe
datala~1.exe
lsass.exe
csrss.exe
smss.exe
ccapp.exe

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…