The end for my printer?

jiggy b 11:52 12 Mar 03

I have been given an epson stylus photo 700, it seems to be having some serious problems - the cartridge seems to be hitting the side of the printer, whatever i try too print starts half way across the page and runs off the end, as if the cartridge is starting from the middle of the page instead of the edge. Also if I print text its very faint and has horizontal line missing, if i try and print in colour everything comes out blue.
Ive tried cleaning the heads (with the head cleaning utility) neumorous times with no change.
I run windows me and couldnt find me drivers for this printer and have used a windows 95 driver. Could this be the problem? Any suggestions would be much appreciated, though I have a feeling the printer will be going in the bin and I'll be buying a new one this weekend.
cheers

€dstow 11:58 12 Mar 03

The think your problems extend further than not having the correct drivers. If the print carriage is so far misaligned that it hits the side of the printer, coupled with the ink delivery problems you would probably be best binning it as you suggest.

It isn't really feasible to do a repair yourself and for the cost of getting it done outside, you could most likely buy a new printer.

€d

Belatucadrus 11:59 12 Mar 03

click here to get a Windows ME driver for a Photo 700. It may not solve your problem, but worth a try.

Belatucadrus 12:00 12 Mar 03

Oops it says there isn't one, ignore me.

Andsome 12:10 12 Mar 03

We have a local charity which is always happy to recieve any computer equiment. Thay have local volunteers who repair the items, then if they do not want them for their own use, they pass them on to others who can make full use of them. They had my old Epson 460 off me, and welcomed it with open arms for their own use. It would be decent of you, if you could do a search to see if there are similar schemes where you live. If you live in the South Staffordshire area, I could point you in the direction of the organisation which took my old printer.

turkeylurkey 12:54 12 Mar 03

follow this link click here and click on "eTalk".

It's live help with someone from epson. I've found it v helpful

Goldcroft 13:43 12 Mar 03

When you junk it don't forget to save cartridges and buy replacement that will take same ones. They're probably worth 70 percent of the printer cost.

SantasLittleHelper 14:01 12 Mar 03

Unfortunately none of the new printers will accept the old 700 cartridges. The problem you are experiencing with the carriage( the part that holds the ink cartridges ) could just be lack of lubrication on the carriage bar, this is the chromed steel bar that the carriage moves from side to side on, before you bin it just try putting a small amount of oil on your finger and running it along the carriage bar, it might help. This is a common problem but easily fixed. If you need anymore help come back on later.

SantasLittleHelper 14:04 12 Mar 03

p.s. try the Windows NT4 or Windows 2000 drivers, can be downloaded from click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…