encryption XP Professional

uskfisherman 12:20 02 May 03

I have dual booting ME and XP and bcause of that have to use FAT 32, and agian because of that I am unable to encryption on the latter.(the facility is greyed out)Is there any one out there who can direct me to a simple free encryption program to download please. Something as easy as easy crypto which is available on ME.Here's hoping

Paranoid Android 13:01 02 May 03

Why not use winzip and set password protection ?

Marvin

Belatucadrus 13:13 02 May 03

click here for Powercrypt 2000.

Rubroy 14:14 02 May 03

I got stuck with XP home and used to use Win98, when I used EMF from click here which was superb. As so often happens however, Win XP does not support this, but pc-magic have introduced a programme enabling very simple encryption of removable media (CDR, CDRW, Floppy etc.,) called CD-Lock which works with Win XP. Talk to Scott Chaney <[email protected]> for details. They are working on upgrading EMF for Win XP but don't like the Windows encryption system which they say is not secure enough. Try them anyway. Best of luck.

uskfisherman 18:06 02 May 03

Very many thanks to PAndroid,Belatucarus, and Rubroy for your helpful advice. I have installed Powercrypt 2000 which appears well suited for limited use I require. Best Wishes and thanks again.I feel I aught to say how good this site is. I have posted many problems which have all been solved by very many kind people, and here and there I have been able to help others within my limited means.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…