Encryption Software?

Happy1 14:56 05 Apr 03

Hi all. I am using Windows XP Pro ( new to me XP)and need to secure files of Family Tree and other secret info. From outside i.e.(Internet Hackers etc)I have Norton Firewall installed but would still like to feel files and documents are secure and secret. I have heard that XP Pro has encryption but dont know how to find and use. Also I received a free programme from Serif (Ashampoo Power Encrypt Deluxe) This only mentions Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000. Will it work with XP? and is this the kind of programme I am looking for? or is it used for something else, like people who may have use of my comp.(None)Thanks for any help.

beeuuem 15:02 05 Apr 03

This link click here
should help you.

VoG™ 17:21 05 Apr 03

I use this click here - it works with XP.

Happy1 18:25 05 Apr 03

Thankyou, I will look on Support site and also thanks for suggesting Encryption programme VoG. Think I will try it. Can send info to relatives. (Is it just to send files over internet though?)Also would like to keep files in secure place on computer.

VoG™ 19:05 05 Apr 03

The IronKey program that I suggested is to encrypt programs on your hard drive. You could (I have noot tried this) encrypt a file and e-mail it. Obviously the recipient needs to know the password!

Happy1 21:08 05 Apr 03

Thanks for info. Will give it a whirl. :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant