Encryptors / Security:-
AxCrypt click here
Easycrypto deluxe click here
Powercrypt 2000 click here
Hide Folders click here
Folderlock click here

rawprawn 16:42 11 Dec 08

I can recommend Hide Folders as per the link from
Fruit Bat /\0/\.Although I have never used it to cover a complete HD.If you enter a Hard Drive for example G: your computer can see the drive but it appears empty.
I have been using it for years.2 weeks ago I upgraded to Hide Folders 2009.

Rahere 16:58 11 Dec 08

I looked at Trucrypt click here it offers a number of options including windows disk encryption but it seemed to be a very protracted process to me but there's a good guide document for this from their website. it also seems to lack full hard disk encryption limited only to partitions. On the plus side the makers do say that their encrypted system is actually faster than unencrypted one for some reason!

I use ubuntu linux on my laptop anyway so I took the encryption option on the ubuntu 8.04 alternative install disk and that works very well for me (but doesn't work with XP obviously)

rawprawn 17:10 11 Dec 08

The advantage of Hide folders is it is instant.

Rahere 17:19 11 Dec 08

True rawprawn does Hide Folders encrypt the whole drive? I think there's something similar built into XP to hide folders?

rawprawn 19:50 11 Dec 08

You can hide a drive letter in xP, but it can still be read if you know it's there and where to look.
Hide folders will not let you look at all. if you don't know the password the only option there is is to Format
This includes Safe Mode

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now