:encryptable:$DATA Error message

Johny C 21:25 04 Jul 04

Hi there

I have just installed a new hard drive, and eveything works ok, but when i try to back up parts of the C: Drive i get this following message:`

the file "thumbs" has extra informaton attached to it that might be lost if you continue copying. The contents of the file will not be affected, Information tha might be lost includes:

Do you want to proceed anyway?

Yes Yes to all No Cancel

is this file needed or can i just say yes to all

as far as i can see there isnt a file called thumbs and i have done a search fr it.

Dan the Confused 22:00 04 Jul 04

Nowt to worry about click here

Dan the Confused 22:16 04 Jul 04

Sorry, that's click here

Johny C 23:09 04 Jul 04

Thanks for the link, i have made my folder options to show hidden files but i still cant find them, i have done a search looking for thumbs and i made sure i ticked the hidden files box, but it didnt find any.

am i right in thinking that if i transfer my files and folders to my new drive and just ignore the error, then none of my work will be corrupted or am i missing something

Dan the Confused 23:26 04 Jul 04

Uncheck the 'Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)' box as well then you should be able to find it.

I don't use XP so I don't know much about these files but from the link it looks safe whatever you do with it.

Johny C 00:23 05 Jul 04

Cheers for that mate, they copy across no problem now,

thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…