Encoding AVI to MPG

KCR 11:30 26 Feb 03

I have several small avi files which I wish to encode into mpg files. I have tried TMPEGEnc. and this encodes the video but not the sound! There are some settings in TMPEG for sound conversion but they are always greyed out! Does anyone know of a good program that will convert an avi file into an mpg file (video and audio) ?

Many thanks,

Kristen

tran1 11:48 26 Feb 03

Strange how TMPEGEnc doesn't extract the sound.

The other way you can do it is to use VirtualDub. This small program can extract the sound into a WAV file and you can Convert your AVI and sound separately but at the same time. i.e when you go to convert in TMPEGEnc, you select the source AVI file, Just beneath it, you can select the source sound file as well.

You can get Virtual dub from here click here

stlucia 12:32 26 Feb 03

Just a thought; did you select your avi file as the sound source AS WELL AS as the video source? You have to select it in both boxes in TMPGEnc. If you haven't selected any sound source, then your sound settings will be greyed out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…