.Enc file extension won't create

night 16:27 30 Aug 08

Hi, I have purchased a flash memory stick complete with compression and zip software.
I have followed the instructions on making a compressed file - up to a point. When I have the information I want to save and encrypt the software tells me I should have a .Enc file extension but for some reason it creates a .EZC file. I don't know what this is, or how to make a .Enc file instead of it.

Please help,

night

Technotiger 16:40 30 Aug 08

Do you have a particular need for compression and zip software? What type of data do you want to compress/zip?

night 17:55 30 Aug 08

Hi, Technotiger,

Well it is to carry around my passwords with me. Maybe the trouble is that I'm trying to take the database of KeyPass which is a .kdb file, whatever that is. The memory stick comes complete with SecretZip software which does compression and encryption.

Technotiger 19:16 30 Aug 08

Sorry, I have been away for a while - din-dins and all that!

Anyway, I have not been able to find out much about .Enc but this link might give you a fix of some sort ... click here

.EZC if a type of image viewing format usually associated with camera software, I can't remember the exact name of it - Eazy something or other.

Perhaps you could make a folder on your Flash drive, give it a name, enclose all your passwords in it and then protect that folder with a Password which is easy for you to remember!

The only time I use .zip is to send folders full of pictures via email.

cowgirl66 19:49 30 Aug 08

Hi again,

In response to your advice re; making a folder, that sounds good to me but how to make a password on it is my question now?

Technotiger 19:57 30 Aug 08

Create Password for Folder ... click here

Technotiger 20:00 30 Aug 08

Or ... click here free for personal use.

night 09:00 31 Aug 08

Thanks Technotiger,

I will go and try these and I think this maybe all I need.

Many thanks,

night

Unique1993 12:17 26 Oct 08

Hello

i downloaded a game that i played long time ago ..
but when i downloaded it ( 20 times )
there always was a error ..
there are some ENC. files !
i looked to allot of forums and downloaded stuff to get this ENC. file away !
but i have no idea ...
so please , please help me !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…