enabling wireless adaptor knocks out router

jimbo43 14:48 PM 25 Nov 12

I have a new HP lap top which I have connected to the net thro my edimax 7266 router. I also have another lap top and desktop connected via this router. This other lap top I can connect either wired or wireless so the router seems to be working perfectly. The problem is when I enable the HP laptop wireless adaptor and try to connect to the net . As soon as I do this the orange light on the router goes solid from blinking and I cannot then access the net from any of the computers either wired or wireless. I have to disable the HP wireless adaptor and reboot the router to get a connection on the computers. Any ideas as to what is happening would be appreciated.I am running win7 on all computers

jimbo43 08:46 AM 26 Nov 12

Thanks for that I will work through. Does the second link referring to "end of life product" mean this router is discontinued because the design/build may not be compatible with new computers/win7. I bought the router about 18 months ago. Thanks again

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch EA Gamescom 2015 Press Conference live: EA Gamescom live stream - watch EA talk Star…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Play the retro 8-bit dating naked adventure game by The Uprising Creative

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…