enabling wireless adaptor knocks out router

jimbo43 25 Nov 12

I have a new HP lap top which I have connected to the net thro my edimax 7266 router. I also have another lap top and desktop connected via this router. This other lap top I can connect either wired or wireless so the router seems to be working perfectly. The problem is when I enable the HP laptop wireless adaptor and try to connect to the net . As soon as I do this the orange light on the router goes solid from blinking and I cannot then access the net from any of the computers either wired or wireless. I have to disable the HP wireless adaptor and reboot the router to get a connection on the computers. Any ideas as to what is happening would be appreciated.I am running win7 on all computers

jimbo43 26 Nov 12

Thanks for that I will work through. Does the second link referring to "end of life product" mean this router is discontinued because the design/build may not be compatible with new computers/win7. I bought the router about 18 months ago. Thanks again

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message