Enabling Voip on NTL help please?

Effie 21:59 14 Jun 08

Hi, Does anyone know is it possible to get Voip enabled when using NTL ( Virgin Media) as one's broadband provider and how can it be achieved?

beeuuem 23:29 14 Jun 08

Voip works on NTL BB
Skype click here is free and gives you the full set up instructions, settings etc.click here although there are others to choose from if you wish click here

Effie 10:39 15 Jun 08

Just one question, How do I go about getting the line enabled for use with a non Skype Voip provider, for example, Vonage ?

beeuuem 12:36 15 Jun 08

You don't get the line enabled. click here Voip is Voice Over IP, it uses the broadband connection to connect and has nothing at all to do with your telephone line( apart fronm the fact you need one to get BB)

Effie 16:20 15 Jun 08

My NTL BB comes in via a set top box via fiberoptic cable etc. In addition, I get my telephone through this, not through a standard landline connection.

Does this have implications of whether or not I can still get Voip using a router incorporating a phone port or can I just start using a my router of choice incorporating a phone port having first signed up to a Voip provider?

beeuuem 12:14 16 Jun 08

You should not have any problem using a router with a 'phone port.

Effie 21:14 16 Jun 08

Thank Beeuum.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…