enabling TV- out on radeon 9700

ray27 19:02 26 Aug 03

I have on my system, a Mesh Elite 2.8 ghz Pentium 4 , Windows XP ,an ATI Radeon 9700 with something called TV-out & DVI.

I assume this is to enable you to use your TV as a second monitor.
There was small lead which plugs into a socket, next to the one where the monitor is plugged into, on the back of the tower case.

On the other end of the lead there is a single yellow male plug that I assume goes into the corresponding socket on the scart adapter.

I have done this and tuned the TV to the AV channel and then I went to display properties /advanced /displays.

There are pictures of 4 types of monitors, Monitor, TV, YPbPr and FPD and the last 3 all have red crosses across the pictures of the connectors.

I selected to switch amongst displays but nothing happened.
I must be doing something wrong so can anyone advise me on how to get this function to work
Cheers Ray

harry_b 19:07 26 Aug 03

try this link
click here

Pauper 22:55 26 Aug 03

The graphics card driver will allow you to select the tv option when it can 'see' one attached. Make sure that all the cabling is in working order and that if there is a switch on the scart plug that it is in the correct position to transmit data to the tv - not the other way around. Also try reducing the resolution of the display and also the refresh rate, this may help you to get a better image on a tv.

ray27 08:34 27 Aug 03

everything is connected ok .

I did manage to get the TV switch to operate in the advanced options in displays once, but there was still no display on the TV.
I think there is something wrong with the graphics card I will contact Mesh support and see what they say
many thanks
Ray

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…