Enabling services across a domain

wx622 11:01 01 Feb 05

Does anyone know how to remotely enable services, such as Messenger on each machine in a domain. I know you can open service.msc and individually start services on remote machines, but can this be done in one go? (seeing as there is over 200 machines in the domain)

recap 12:15 01 Feb 05

In Services, right click the service you want to configure, and click Properties.

Select the required startup option i.e Automatic

Then click the Log On tab, then either System Account or this Account.

If you click This Accocunt, click Choose User, specify a user account and then the password for that account.

To provide a user interface on the desktop that can be used by anyone who is logged on when the service is started, select Allow service to interact with desktop.

Remember to do this you must be logged in as an Adminstrator.

wx622 13:28 01 Feb 05

I am afraid this is no good. Does anyone know if this enabling of services is possible through Active Directory? Any other ideas?

wx622 14:37 01 Feb 05

ßéLâ this is good, but what security settings do you suggest to use?

wx622 09:02 02 Feb 05

ßéLâ your solution has partially worked. The service I have enabled has updated the GPO, and now the workstations are set as "Service" "Automatic", but do not start (i.e. the Status column on the individual workstations are blank, not "Started" as you would expect. Please advise.

wx622 08:36 04 Feb 05

Not to worry, I have given up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…