Enabling new user to access internet

Geord 18:48 07 Mar 06

Scenario:

As Computer Administrator I have created a user account for my son. However when he logs on he is not able to connect to the internet - the icon is there on his user screen but doesn't connect. I presumably need to add him on to the internet connection - can anyone advise how I do this.

NB: I don't want to create a new email address for him - just to enable him to be able to connect to the internet from his user screen in the same way as I do from mine (ie double clicking the icon)

Internet Access: Tiscali Broadband

In addition can anyone recommend a good parental control software to use.

Many Thanks.

Wuggy 18:58 07 Mar 06

While logged on as your son click on Start/Connect to and then select properties on your Tiscali Broadband connection. Ensure that all your log in details, user name password etc. are entered correctly. It may be that the icon to connect shows but needs to be configured.

skidzy 19:00 07 Mar 06

Is your son set as guest,if so maybe changing to Administrator will solve the problem...Im sure you trust your son not change any settings.

spuds 19:05 07 Mar 06

Parental downloads click here

Geord 19:17 07 Mar 06

Fantastic thanks to all of you. I've configured the icon as suggested and will be looking at the parental controls suggested in the link.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…