Enabling cookies with Learndirect

bjantbear 20:41 17 May 04

Earlier in the year my wife started a Learndirect course and decided to do some of it at home.

We downloaded and setup the software that was required and everything went alright until she moved to the next stage which was the Word section.

From then on when she logged on a dialogue box comes up that says "LSE-00002 You must have cookies enabled in order yo use learndirect. If the problem persists contact the helpdesk etc."

We have contacted the helpdesk and they have given various lots of advice ie. enabling cookies in the "Internet Tools" option, changing my Zone alarm Pro settings, etc but nothing seems to work.

I run Windows 2000, Zone Alarm Pro and AVG 6 anti virus.

However I habd all these on my computer whilst it was running perfectly.

Has anyone come up against this problem before and has it been overcome?

LastChip 21:15 17 May 04

In order to rule out Zone Alarm, have you tried with ZA shutdown totally?

Which version of Internet Explorer are you using?

bjantbear 19:43 18 May 04

I have tried it with Zone Alarm closed down completely, my anti-virus closed down but nothing works.

I am running IE Q831167 from PC Advisor which i understand is supposed to be IE 6.

johnnyrocker 20:12 18 May 04

click help at top of page and about explorer make sure you have 128 bit cipher strength, i/net options in control panel highlightyour connection and go to settings and try with or without proxy (your isp will provide this)also try putting that address in your exceptions, finally do you have a pop up stopper?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…