Enabling auto complete email address in Outlook

terendak_uk 20:15 27 Sep 04

Be very grateful for instruction......checking out Outlook as diary/email and can't find the command to do "autocomplete" as in outlook express. No big deal but would like to know whether one can/can't.
Thanks

Diodorus Siculus 22:06 27 Sep 04

AutoComplete:

1. From the Outlook Tools menu, click Options... .

2. Click the Preferences tab, then click E-mail Options... .

3. Click Advanced E-mail Options... , then select the checkbox next to Suggest names while completing To, Cc, and Bcc fields. Then click OK to close each of the three open windows.

terendak_uk 08:04 28 Sep 04

Thanks for that....will do it tonight. And for the b'ground to your handle and the link here. Missed that one.....fascinating.
Regards

terendak_uk 19:52 29 Sep 04

Following your instructions, there is no "suggest.....cc, etc" under "advanced email options". The last group is headed "when sending a message" with three check boxes "allow comma...", "automatic name checking" and "delete meeting request....." All three have always been checked. Be grateful for any suggestions as to why this should not be as you stated. Got XP SP2.
Thanks DS.

terendak_uk 21:01 05 Oct 04

Be grateful for further input. Strange that my Outlook doesn't conform to that of DS. Thanks

VoG II 21:04 05 Oct 04

Which version of Outlook?

terendak_uk 21:09 05 Oct 04

MS Outlook 2000 SP3.

VoG II 21:21 05 Oct 04

The bad news click here

And the workaround click here

terendak_uk 21:21 05 Oct 04

Looking at the "2000" in the version....I am baffled.Outlook doesn't update when one updates XP? As it does, for eg, for OE, when I installed XP SP 2?

VoG II 21:28 05 Oct 04

Outlook is part of Microsoft Office. To get a newer version you would need to purchase an Office upgrade.

terendak_uk 21:40 05 Oct 04

to me. Thanks for that VoG. There's no "check name" under "tools" But, lol, if I enter the first three letters, then tab to the next entry box, the squigly red underline appears. If I click on that, then a box appears with all same/similar names. Weird, to me. How come the full-blooded Outlook diary/email software can't behave like OE???
Taken me this long to figure out the "logic"( non, to me)of this......Thank you for your input.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…