enable wireless radio in limited user

deudonne 21:32 23 Dec 05

I cant seem to.

i have a wireless home network. Flatmates have crashed system recently and i want to set up a limited user account to prevent this happening so easily - but they still need access to internet.

The belkin wireless pci card cannot seem to have radio enabled in a limited user account setup. This seems ridiculous!

the card seems not to power up (ie no light on it) when in limited user. I can use it in multiple administrator accounts, but not in limited user. Why? and I must be able to get around this. This seems to be a very basic, fundamental request. If it is not possible, belkin certainly gives no warning, and after looking around on the internet and seeing almost NO other people complaining about this I am left wondering what on earth is going on. Help! Belkin are hell to get hold of, maybe someone can help.

Thanks!
Deudonne

Teabelly 22:02 03 Jan 06

I've had this problem and Belkin support told me change the Log On account for the wltrysvc service to an administrator account:

1. Right click on My Computer and select Manage
2. Click the + next to Services and Applications
3. Double click on Services
4. In the list of services on the right, double click on WLTRYSVC
5. Select the Log On tab
6. Click the "This Account" radio button
7. Fill in an Administrator user name and password. If you aren't sure click the Browse button, type in the user name, click Check Name and then click OK.

You'll probably have to reconfigure the card after this but it should now work for your limited users.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…