enable cookies

new_guy 19:09 03 Jun 03

hi im trying to view a web page where i need to log on but it wont let me it says i need to enable cookies can some one please tell me how i do this im useing xp home and i am hope less with pc so could you please explain in easy terms thanks in advance

-pops- 19:31 03 Jun 03

Go to Tolls -> Internet Options -> Privacy. You should see a page about cookies. Click as appropriate to enable cookies.

Brian

Ironman556 19:32 03 Jun 03

If you're using Internet Explorer 6: in your internet browser, when you get the error message, look towards the bottom of the window and see if you can spot an eye symbol. If you see it, double click it, then tight click the contents and choose always allow. If you don't know what version you're using then try it anyway.

If you're using an older version then go to "Tools" then "Internet Options" in your internet borwser. Click the privacy tab, then click "Avanced" under the settings. Choose to Override automatic cookie handling and set to accept First party cookies and sessions cookies. I'd leave third party as blocked ot prompt, but you can enable it if you need to. Click ok, and log on.

If you don't have the privacy tab then you'll need to look through the options until you find the cookies option.

-pops- 19:32 03 Jun 03

Oooops Tools not Tolls - sorry

new_guy 19:40 03 Jun 03

thanks for that sorted now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…