Enable aero in Vista basic not working?

Internetwhizzkid 22:59 14 Apr 07

Hi,
It has recently come to my attention after many searches on the Internet, that there is a small registry hack which will enable you to get the aero interface in all versions of Windows Vista below the premium editions (home basic)
Is this true? Before anybody asks I have already looked it up on the Internet and I have also attempted the hack with my windows vista upgrade from dell. And as you made of already guessed I have been unsuccessful even after several attempts and following are all the instructions completely.
So does anybody know if this could all be a lie? Or if it is really true how do I do it in a way which it will be successful.
Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Ben

Dipso 23:50 14 Apr 07

Just come across a post in antoher forum advising how to do this....is this how you did it?

Enable Glass (Aero) In Vista Home Basic

since the multicoloured taskbar requires glass, heres how to do it

1.Start Menu> Click in the "Start Search" box> Type in "run">Click on "Run" under the list of Programs found>Type "regedit" in the text box and click "Open" or press "Enter" key.

2.When the "Registry Editor" opens up, click and open the following folders:

3."HKEY_CURRENT_USER" then "Software" then "Microsoft" then "Windows" and then "DWM".

4.Double click on "Composition" type "1" in the "Value data" field and click on the "OK" button.

5.Double click on "CompositionPolicy" type "2" in the "Value data" field and click on the "OK" button.

6.Exit out of the Registry Editor.

7.Start Menu> Click in the "Start Search" box> Type in "command prompt"> Click on "Command Prompt" under the list of Programs found> type in "net stop uxsms" press the "Enter" key> Wait for it to do its thing, then type in "net start uxsms" press "Enter" key.

7.Screen may flicker to set it up. Then right-click on your desktop and click on "Personalize" > Click on "Window Color and Appearance".#

** DOWNLOAD ** Shortcut Overlay Remover

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…