enable active x

johnnyrocker 08:28 31 Oct 05

how does one do this please as it is stopping certain web pages being viewed,?

johnny.

Doire_Bhoy 08:32 31 Oct 05
  johnnyrocker 08:43 31 Oct 05

great stuff but you lost me on the pip directory

johnny.

Doire_Bhoy 08:44 31 Oct 05

Eh?

johnnyrocker 08:49 31 Oct 05

the instructions say at the bottom to enter the pip directory and check it is working.

ps followed instructions still does not work, just wondering about maybe spy bot settings?

johnny.

PaulB2005 08:51 31 Oct 05

PIP = Perfect Information Property

Ignore that bit.

johnnyrocker 08:52 31 Oct 05

cheers but still no go after a reboot.

johnnny.

johnnyrocker 10:25 31 Oct 05

any takers? although spyeware blaster is unhappy about it being activated and maybe tis best left alone?

johnny.

961 11:38 31 Oct 05

Spywareblaster has a flash killer which is usually enabled by default. If you open spywareblaster and click on tools, you can disable the flash killer which may enable active x

Many vitus checkers, firewalls and spywarecatchers have an active x disable function, or alter the IE6 settings. You'll need to check them all

johnnyrocker 11:45 31 Oct 05

flash killer is not enabled in spywareblaster, and i have set active x as per doire_boys very useful link, but still no joy.

johnny.

rabadubdub 11:56 31 Oct 05

This is very simple..
The settings for Active X controls are in the IE-Tools menu/Internet Options.../Security tab.
You should see the four security zones.. with Internet highlighted, click on Custom Level and a dialogue box will open listing settings for ActiveX and scripting.
In an ideal world let them run, but with so many viruses about, it's wisest to choose the "Prompt before running" Though you could enable those "marked as safe", and Disable those "marked as unsafe" -If in doubt select Prompt before downloading.
Myself, I set defaults then change just a couple of settings to prompt.
I run SpybotSD and AdAware and SpywareBlaster, and this setting makes no difference to them.
Hope this helps.
Rab

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…