//some 3rd party need geo

Emptying windows temp files

lester1 23:59 28 Feb 03

load's of gunk in this file can't remeber how to empty!

Djohn 00:11 01 Mar 03

Start/programs/windows explorer/temp. files, click on edit at top of window, and sellect all, then click on file, and click, delete.

JINXED02 00:13 01 Mar 03

What you need my friend is a tool called window washer a great program for getting rid of all that built up gunk that tends to lurk in all the hidden places after many hours of browsng the net, not only does it clean your temp files but your media player old doc's list cookies and a hoard of other stuff, go on simply use the link and be amazed, at the amount of space you with gain back. PLUS it's free...usually $29.00 but the link still works fine so download, download, download.

click here

Forum Editor 00:17 01 Mar 03

and select run. Type this into the box and click OK:-

C:\windows\Temp

When the window opens, go to edit and click on 'select all'. Then go to File and select 'delete'.

Windows will not allow you to delete any files that are in use, so close all applications before you try.

Ironman556 00:33 01 Mar 03

If you want to be safe, I always move the files to another folder first, then reboot and use as normal for a while before I delete the folder I moved everything to.

If there's somthing you can get to budge, restart and then try it again.

Ironman.

lester1 21:28 01 Mar 03

Thank's for the help I am now de-gunked!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…