empty window pop ups

sleepy steve 22:41 07 Jan 04

I have windows XP and Norton anti virus and firewall but I still get pop ups with nothing in the window and if I am downloading MP3 files these windows can get up to 55-60 and I find it hard to delete as a group by right clicking on the bottom toolbar. Can someone out there help me, thanks

Pesala 00:07 08 Jan 04

Instead of just clicking on the link, try right-click and save target as.

Or try Opera Browser or Mozilla Firebird. Opera has built-in popup stoppers, but I suspect that download with left-click would still open a blank window in Opera. Closing windows in Opera is easy with middle-click, or right-click, then close all but active.

DieSse 00:07 08 Jan 04

One possible solution - download and install the Google toolbar (pretty well an essential anyway) - and activate the pop-up blocker. See if this helps.

temp003 08:20 08 Jan 04

My own solution is also the new Google Toolbar which works for me. When you're on a particular site and you want the popups to work, just click once the popup block counter on the toolbar and popups on that site will be allowed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…