empty web page

oak chip 19:08 22 Nov 05

I am trying to access an American web site - click here - I used to be able to access this site, but suddenly I only get a blank page when I try to access this site. My web browser - I.E. 6 running under XP SP2 - accesses all other sites OK. I have tried altering settings on Firewall (Norton 2004) and Norton System Works (2006 - recently installed, but I am sure I have accessed the site since this was installed) - The web browser seems to take quite a few seconds accessing the site - the green progress bar fills very slowly - then the legend "Done" appears at the bottom left of the screen but he screen is a pure blank white! Any ideas or help gratefully received. (The site itself is OK as I have accessed this from work - but cannot really use it at work!!)

VoG II 22:03 22 Nov 05

Check your hosts file

C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

oak chip 22:22 22 Nov 05

VoG - Thanks for your reply - but what am I looking for? - I have tried opening the file you indicated by using Notepad - but it just gives me an idea of what entries should look like - it does not give a list of entries, or any idea of what I should do to alter/edit entries

VoG II 22:25 22 Nov 05

Rename it to hosts.txt and resrart your PC.

oak chip 23:36 22 Nov 05

Sorry VoG - there has been no difference to the result! (I am off to bed now - back on the web after work tomorrow!) Thanks for reading my posting!!

oak chip 18:28 24 Nov 05

VoG - I don't know if the computer needed "time off" to reslove the issue with your help - but I can now access the site. I did two other things as well - added the site to my "trusted site" list and allowed pop-ups on the site. Thanks for your help anyway - all replies are always most appreciated!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…