Empty recycle bin, but says delete windows???.....

ShorN 18:54 06 May 03

My recycle bin has the full icon, when i open it theres nothing in there, but when i go to empty, it comes up with 'delete windows'?? , so i rebooted, its still there also my logon screen has changed and when i now press ctrl+alt+del instead of just the task manager i get all kinds of options to lock pc, log off etc?

Any ideas what has happened???

-pops- 19:07 06 May 03

Operating system?

ShorN 19:26 06 May 03

ive, changed login etc back to what itt was,

Thats the only problem now it says "are you sure you want to delete 'WINDOWS'?

??

VoG™ 19:31 06 May 03

Operating system? = what version of Windows?

hugh-265156 19:31 06 May 03

think pops ment what operating system do you have? xp etc.and any more details etc on set up.

-pops- 19:37 06 May 03

Apologies, I should have explained more. I was being beaten up by the grandchilren at the time I posted.

I did mean which version of Windows - this could be vital in solving your problem.

Brian

powerless 19:40 06 May 03

To find your Version of Windows, go to:

Start > Now tilt your Head and look at the Start menu on the left it should Read "Windows (and then the operating system)" Just type what you see.

OR...

go to Start and then run now type in the little white box:

winver

Then click ok, your version will be displayed.

NICK ADSL UK 19:40 06 May 03

hi shorn this is normally fixed by service pack 1
windows xp

ShorN 19:43 06 May 03

it xp home
Version 5.1 (build 2600.xpsp2.021108-1929 : Service Pack 1)

Any Ideas??

temp003 09:49 07 May 03

See if this will let you see what's in the Recycled Bin.

Open My Computer or Windows Explorer. Click Tools > Folder Options. Select the View tab. (1) Tick the box for "Show hidden files and folders". (2) Untick the box for "Hide file extensions for all known file types". (3) Untick the box for "Hide protected operating system files". Then Click OK.

Then under the C drive, find the folder called "Recycler", which looks faint. Double click that. You should see a faint recycled bin icon with a string of numbers and letters. Double click that, and see if you can now see any files or folders.

If you can see what files or folders there are, post back to tell us what they are called.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac