Emergency Repair Kit for your PC or others

JIM 19:41 01 Jan 05

May be my! new years resolution?

It seem to make sense,also a good read.

Full Emergency Repair Kit Article, click here

Most people wouldnt think of driving their car without a jack and spare tyre in the trunk. Computers break down more often than cars, yet many people arent prepared for PC trouble the way they are for car trouble. So this month ill show you how to put together a great emergency repair kit. You can use it for your own computers or take it with you to rescue friends who are having trouble. Be sure to put your kit together now, before trouble strikes. Sometimes, viruses and spyware can block access to Web sites or even break your Internet access completely. If you have downloaded the tools you need, you can be up and running in no time.

Repair Kit Supplies

Avast Cleaner: »click here

McAfee Stinger: »vil.nai.com/vil/stinger

Spybot Search & Destroy: »click here

Ad-Aware: »click here

HijackThis: »click here

CWShredder: »click here

Notepad2: »click here

Autoruns, ListDLLs, ShareEnum, Process Explorer: »click here

CCleaner: »click here

SpywareBlaster: »click here

Norton tools: »securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter..

Firefox Browser: »click here..

Good reason for the quote because of the method.

"Myself, I left out the Norton tools. Its a personal thing I have against symantec and prefer not to use any of their AV products"

Test The Toolkit

Once everything is set up, its time to see if it works. First, run the scanner and cleaner tools: Avast Cleaner, McAfee Stinger, Ad-Aware, Spybot Search & Destroy, and CWShredder. Remove any software they advise and reboot the system. Rescan with each utility to make sure everything was cleaned properly. Then, run SpywareBlaster to prevent Internet Explorer from catching any nasty spyware again.

The repair kit files easily fit on a 64MB flash drive. The files in the Downloads folder let you install the utilities onto other systems so theyll be protected, as well.

For really stubborn problems, there are some tools here that require an experts judgement: Autoruns, ListDLLs, ShareEnum, and Process Explorer. All these tools let you save their results to a text file. Run each utility and save the results to the flash drive, and you can use that later as a normal baseline. Even if the information there is over your head, it can come in handy if youre passing it on to someone whos had more experience in virus hunting.

woodchip 19:48 01 Jan 05

Have some of those but my main Repair Engine is a Disc Image. and incremental backups

ACOLYTE 19:49 01 Jan 05

click here

This is a good little app to block those bad sites,easy to install as well.

click here

For the reg cleaning (xp2k)

LinuxPenguin 20:49 01 Jan 05

wow. something good on BBR.com at last...

usually on /. has something good to say : click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…