EMERGENCY ALERT: W32/Bugbear-B spreading rapidly

Sir Radfordin™ 16:39 05 Jun 03

Sophos have seen fit to send out two emails today about this virus:

Sophos has received many reports regarding a new
email-aware virus called W32/Bugbear-B.

The W32/Bugbear-B virus is similar to its predecessor W32/Bugbear-A which spread widely in late 2002. However, Bugbear-B uses polymorphic techniques in an attempt to avoid detection.

More information about W32/Bugbear-B can be found at click here

Make sure you are up-to-date

Steinman 16:43 05 Jun 03

Thanks for warning.

VoG™ 16:48 05 Jun 03

Yep, McAfee have just released an update. Here's what they say about it click here

Sir Radfordin™ 16:56 05 Jun 03
  misog 17:10 05 Jun 03

The latest AVG update detects this virus.

-pops- 19:07 05 Jun 03

Thanks for the warning. Unfortunately, because of a similarity of names and associations I can see that poor old Teddy will be coming up for another mass slaughter.

Brian

MartinT-B 19:14 05 Jun 03
  Dave Bowman 19:19 05 Jun 03

CA have been busy on this one as well, just adding to the list of info on this pest.

click here

Kitz E Kat 19:25 05 Jun 03

Thanks, for alert, i noticed a lot of updates lately on Norton. Why oh why..ive tried to do a bit and i mean a bit of programing, it aint easy but is fun, if i could write a virus , which must take a fair bit of skill, i think i would be writing stuff that could make me money, so what's the deal???
A confused Kat

logoff 20:38 05 Jun 03

all the links but what are the key warning signs in an e-mail likely to contain this?
Thanks

Audeal 20:46 05 Jun 03

Kitz E Kat. If I could write programs then I would be making my fortune out of it. These people make nothing, as far as I know, out of making Viruses. So this shows that their are a lot of very SICK and sorrowfull people out there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…