EMERGENCY ALERT: W32/Bugbear-B spreading rapidly

Sir Radfordin™ 16:39 05 Jun 03

Sophos have seen fit to send out two emails today about this virus:

Sophos has received many reports regarding a new
email-aware virus called W32/Bugbear-B.

The W32/Bugbear-B virus is similar to its predecessor W32/Bugbear-A which spread widely in late 2002. However, Bugbear-B uses polymorphic techniques in an attempt to avoid detection.

More information about W32/Bugbear-B can be found at click here

Make sure you are up-to-date

Steinman 16:43 05 Jun 03

Thanks for warning.

VoG™ 16:48 05 Jun 03

Yep, McAfee have just released an update. Here's what they say about it click here

Sir Radfordin™ 16:56 05 Jun 03
  misog 17:10 05 Jun 03

The latest AVG update detects this virus.

-pops- 19:07 05 Jun 03

Thanks for the warning. Unfortunately, because of a similarity of names and associations I can see that poor old Teddy will be coming up for another mass slaughter.

Brian

MartinT-B 19:14 05 Jun 03
  Dave Bowman 19:19 05 Jun 03

CA have been busy on this one as well, just adding to the list of info on this pest.

click here

Kitz E Kat 19:25 05 Jun 03

Thanks, for alert, i noticed a lot of updates lately on Norton. Why oh why..ive tried to do a bit and i mean a bit of programing, it aint easy but is fun, if i could write a virus , which must take a fair bit of skill, i think i would be writing stuff that could make me money, so what's the deal???
A confused Kat

logoff 20:38 05 Jun 03

all the links but what are the key warning signs in an e-mail likely to contain this?
Thanks

Audeal 20:46 05 Jun 03

Kitz E Kat. If I could write programs then I would be making my fortune out of it. These people make nothing, as far as I know, out of making Viruses. So this shows that their are a lot of very SICK and sorrowfull people out there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…