emergancy help!!

mark3986 11:10 08 Feb 08

ive tried some software on my girlfriends computer and it asked to restart computer and i said yes and now its not booting up and were worried shes lost all her pictures

helen_312 11:15 08 Feb 08

emergancy

help!!

You usually dial 999 for an emergency.

as for the computer have you tried getting into safe mode by tapping the F8 key as it starts?

birdface 11:22 08 Feb 08

Like Helen says keep tapping F8 as the computer starts,That takes you into safe mode,See if you can do a system restore to a time before you added the software.

silverous 13:55 08 Feb 08

It is unlikely the photo data has gone from the disk, you can quite easily stop a computer booting up without wiping photos and other files from it.

You then have the fallback of being able to put the disk in another machine or absolute worst case employing data recovery people to get the data back.

Hopefully it won't come to that but just wanted to set yours and girlfriend's mind at ease to the extent I can!

wee eddie 14:10 08 Feb 08

Many of us have slipped up that way

silverous 14:15 08 Feb 08

Also, when you say it's not booting up, if you can be specific about exactly what happens it will help us diagnose what you are seeing.

As wee eddie says, everyone has rebooted and seen the "Invalid system disk" or whatever message you get when you leave a floppy disk in. Your heart stops for a moment, then you eject the disk and panic is over !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…