Embedded Video Download

Murielson 1 21:18 11 Apr 15

Advice on how I might be able to download a video from a site please. It isn't Youtube or similar so Youtube Downloader won't work or the Downloader add on with Firefox.

Hoping to get the video to assist with research for a job but struggling if can only watch online.

Video here if anyone can assist

click here

lotvic 01:13 12 Apr 15

After a bit of experimenting, I found It comes in fragments, using Firefox after playing the vid in the web page, the fragments will be in the cache with random letters file names (firefox doesn't make it easy to recognise them) you could sort the columns by date and size and then click to open each one you think likely and open it in either VLC player or WMP. I tried this out and found a few of the fragmented clips.

You'll prob have to enable View Hidden Files and the cache should be in C:\Users\xxxyourUserNameHerexxx\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxletters&NumbersHerexxx.default\cache2\entries

There used to be an add-on called Cache Viewer that made identifying them easier but I don't know if it is still available for the latest FF version.

Others may post with a far easier way of getting the vid.

Murielson 1 10:41 12 Apr 15

Thanks lotvic, will have a look and see if there is anything I can do.

rdave13 11:25 12 Apr 15

click here Not sure the link will work as on phone. I use atube catcher. Will record video from webpage. It will only record audio if if you have stereo mix in sound properties.

If you are going to try it please use custom install as with most freebies you will need to untick boxes for toolbars etc.

Murielson 1 16:13 12 Apr 15

Dave - interesting programme and able to get some screen capture which, whilst not ideal, gives me something to put on phone/laptop/tablet etc to review.

Many thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:17 12 Apr 15

Try the free version of Any video recoder

but make sure yo do custom install and untick akll the add on installers packaged with it.

This program will let you select a section of screen and record what ever is playing there.

rdave13 18:02 12 Apr 15

I usually magnify the webpage with the video I want to record first. Select the video area, press record on aTube Catcher then replay the video. It records the video to same size as the area selected (hence enlarging the webpage)and also records the audio if you have stereo mix.

Murielson 1 19:31 12 Apr 15

Thanks Fruit Bat

Sounds like one of the functions available with the aTube Catcher that Dave recommended earlier in the thread. I have downloaded this and captured the video using this function.

Is Any Video Recorder any better than this?

Murielson 1 19:49 12 Apr 15

Dave, please confirm where the stereo mix option/selection is. I have audio but it isn't great.

Murielson 1 20:11 12 Apr 15

Don't worry Dave, found it in computer hardware, audio settings so hopefully get it sorted now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac