Email..someone must have done this ?

dezi 18:47 25 Jun 03

Tell me how I can transfer all my emails, some with attachments, from my 5 yr old 'Windows 95 computer/ Outlook Express' to my new 'XP computer- Outlook-Exp... '
I only have floppy disc facility on my old computer.

Gaz 25 18:55 25 Jun 03

The best way is to copy them to disc using a program someone here will know, I think it is: Outlook express backup wizard, OR use the export wizard.

Than load them on to the other PC using import wizard in Outlook express.

If you have not got a CD-RW, then e-mail them to your new PC or network your two PC's and use the Import and Export.

Sir Radfordin 19:06 25 Jun 03

It is highly unlikely that you will be able to copy via floppy disk 5 years worth of emails.
Try click here for a guide

dezi 11:32 26 Jun 03

Part of the problem is getting the old Outlook Express emails from windows 95 into the appropriat location then working ie. "viewing/editing/etc" on the XP system. Any thoughts/ assistance appreciated.

Confab 11:40 26 Jun 03

Why not first clear out all the unwanted mails and then hook up your old pc to the net and e-mail the mails to yourself. Pick them up on your new pc

Big Elf 11:46 26 Jun 03

Put the old hard disk in the new PC and copy from that.

dezi 18:32 26 Jun 03

Tanks guys/gals? for your suggestions!
Im going to take what I think may be the safest, simplist but slowest route and email them to myself as suggested. Some of my attachements (friends photos)are 100 to 200 k. so I recon I will be on the air about an hour a day for the next week or so.

Big Elf 18:53 26 Jun 03

Just in case this helps. The emails are stored in *.dbx folders. The folders on your new machine will be stored in a different location to that on your old PC so you need to search for the new one and either overwrite them or rename some of them.

Nellie2 19:05 26 Jun 03

why not try this...... it will save or even recover all your OE stuff click here thanks to moon for putting me onto it :)

dezi 22:53 26 Jun 03

A 'friend ?' has just told me, and who is not quite sure, that I will only be able to email to myself in small..... 'chunks.' Any conformation/ ideas of these chunk sizes ?

DieSse 22:58 26 Jun 03

"Any conformation/ ideas of these chunk sizes ?"

Depends entirely on the allowed size of your ISPs mailboxes. They can range from 1Mb to 50Mb for typical ISPs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…