Emails received in tiny font but sent in 12 point

Awestruck 17:36 20 Dec 08

One of my clients sends all her emails in 11 point normal arial but everyone receives them as 8 point italic which is almost unreadable. Several times she has set the font to 11 point arial in Outlook Express, Tools, Options, Compose without success.
Regards
Awestruck

brundle 17:42 20 Dec 08

Does she format her emails in any other regard? What email clients are the recipients using? Does it still happen if a different email client is used to send? OE doesn't use HTML properly, and as a result formatting in emails can go awry.

Awestruck 11:12 21 Dec 08

She does not format her emails in any other way. The recipients are all using OE. I will put Thunderbird on her computer and see if that cures it. Thanks for the tip.
Awestruck

Stuartli 17:04 21 Dec 08

Your friend should check that the Default font size in View in both IE and OE is set to Medium (Text Size).

IE controls the font size used in OE.

dms_05 17:38 21 Dec 08

Also check she's not sending in Plain Text - the email will be displayed by the recipient at their own settings for Plain Text which are very small by default.

Stuartli 19:07 21 Dec 08

I send all e-mails in Plain Text - they are Received in the font size in which they were written (i.e. Medium)

Stuartli 19:12 21 Dec 08

A further point to above is that if Medium is not set in IE and OE, it will also affect the font size when printing out an e-mail message.

Setting Larger or Largest, for instance, will mean that e-mail messages will be printed in quite large fonts...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac