emails from Paypal and eBay

pj123 15:00 15 May 07

Having read this thread: click here I also got an email from them and think it is genuine.

But I also got an email from eBay which I think is most suspicious.

It starts off: "Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay" But my registered name was not included.

Then continues:

"Dear (email address, not registered name)

Thank you for submitting your change of email address request. Instructions on completing the change have been sent to your new email address. Once the process is completed, your eBay-related email will no longer be routed to this email address.

If you did not make this change, check with family members and others who may have access to your account first. If you still feel that an unauthorized person has changed your email, get help here:
click here

Change of email address request was made from:
IP Address: 64.109.242.65
ISP Host: adsl-64-109-242-65.dsl.chcgil.ameritech.net

Thank you,
eBay"

I tried the IP address and got: "this address could not be found".

I have forwarded it to spoof @ebay.co.uk but so far have not had any response.

bretsky 15:32 15 May 07
  jimv7 15:47 15 May 07

Never click on links for ebay and paypal in received emails, if in doubt send to spoof @ebay or paypal as you have done.

Check your accounts by entering ebay and look at your messages, any email will be there.

Ebay and paypal do not give links or ask for information.

leo49 16:24 15 May 07

The Paypal one IS genuine - the same notice was displayed at Paypal when Ilogged in to my account last night.See Paypal Media Centre for confirmation.

click here

The Ebay one an obvious spoof.

leo49 16:33 15 May 07

Just come in so didn't realise this has already been fully answered in Consumerwatch before this thread was even posted.Can I have 30 seconds of my life back?

g0slp 18:11 15 May 07

I agree with leo49. The 'eBay' one is a spoof.

Pineman100 18:38 15 May 07

"Can I have 30 seconds of my life back?"

Good call. When you get to my age those 30-seconds's tot up!

audeal 22:14 15 May 07

I had this e-mail from Paypal but not from Ebay. I believed it to be genuine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…