//some 3rd party need geo

emails by laptop

bluenote 21:06 01 Dec 05

With my wifi laptop,via a hotspot I can conect to the internet and recieve emails, using outlook express. But when I try to send one it refuses .what am I doing wrong.

Skyver 21:14 01 Dec 05

You need your own smtp server, or to find the smtp server relating to the network to you which you are connected. click here

bluenote 21:21 01 Dec 05

Thanks for that ,I will give it a try.

mgmcc 08:33 02 Dec 05

Alternatively, your own ISP's server may support "SMTP Authentication".

If so, you can log in as you do with the POP3 server, using your account Username and Password, then use their server regardless of the connection used to go online.

bluenote 13:08 02 Dec 05

how will I find out.Is it in tools or on the ISP's site.My ISP is Metronet by the way.

mgmcc 13:57 02 Dec 05

<<< how will I find out >>>

You will probably have to phone their technical support people and ask the question. There is no reference to it on Metronet's website, but their support pages are not the most comprehensive!

bluenote 14:20 02 Dec 05

I have downloaded Skyver's suggestion .also I have a yahoo email address where i can connect through I.E. not outlook express.Thanks to you both.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…