Emails I didn't send

Seadog 22:20 22 Aug 06

Don't know if this is the right forum, but........
In the past couple of weeks or so
I have recieved emails from various "servers" that an email I have sent to someone has contained a virus.
To begin with, I haven't sent any emails to the addresses that are mentioned, and I don't even know the recipients! I also got one today that said that an attachment on one of these emails thet I supposedly sent, "body.pif" was removed due to censorship!!
I have a couple of email addresses with blueyonder (Telewest) and one with Talk21 (Ex-BT) and all seem to be affected. The Talk21 email has long been subjected to a lot of spam, but I have never had phantom messages.
Have my email addresses been cloned or something.
Unfortunately I deleted these straight away so can't give any details of the servers (senders)

VoG II 22:22 22 Aug 06

The chances are that one of your contacts is infected and the virus has spoofed your e-mail asddress.

Seadog 22:26 22 Aug 06

Thanks VoG - But I havent added any contacts recently and what virus? I am running AVG 7.0 Professional (for professional just read "paid for" version!) so shouldn't that pic it up?

VoG II 22:30 22 Aug 06

Sorry, I wasn't terribly clear. I think that one of your contacts may have a virus, not you.

Seadog 22:34 22 Aug 06

Ahhh! now I understand, is there any way to find out who could be infected?

johnnyrocker 23:05 22 Aug 06

if your address book is not to large you could try mailing them.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos