emails from hotmail to aol keep getting returned

mco 09:15 17 Jul 05

They worked fine before but two of my best mates are on aol and I'm on hotmail.In the last couple of weeks emails I send to them have been delayed and then failed to go.(I can get theirs ok) What is it with hotmail and aol? Is it them? Why is it not working now when it did before? Is it just a temporary thing? Cheers!

Charlie Babbage 09:30 17 Jul 05

... have you checked that the email addresses for your mates have not been corrupted in your address book? Alternatively, have your mates changed their user ids? Try asking your mates each to send you a test email, use the reply button to send it back to them and see what happens

What is the exact messsage you get when the emails are returned?

VoG II 09:36 17 Jul 05

This may be AOL's over-the-top anti-spam at work. Have you tried sending a message from a non-Hotmail account?

mco 13:02 17 Jul 05

the message is that one from the 'postmaster' first saying it's been delayed then failed. I'll try from another non hotmail address. I reckon it must be their spam filter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…