Emails getting lost in the ether

Kurnal 21:50 11 Jan 07

Please can anyone advise me- may broadband ISP is BT internet using a bthomehub and I mainly use a btinternet email address and Outlook. I can send and receive emails no problem- but about 1 in 5 emails sent to me never arrive. I check spamkiller, junk mail folders, bulk mail to no avail.

BT customer services keep telling me there is no problem with my system or settings or with their server. But I keep failing to receive emails- sent myself 4 batches of five mails from my hotmail account today and confirmed a 1 in five failure rate. No error messages at hotmail end either. I have started to ask contacts to duplicate messages to hotmail so I can produce a dossier for BT.
Has anyone any advice please?

fitshase 22:17 11 Jan 07

I sometimes have the opposite in that I get duplicate e-mails!

Have a look in outlook under Tools\Rules and Alerts.... to see if there are any local rules which may be automatically deleting messages.

Lonekro 22:22 11 Jan 07

Kurnal, at one time I was getting emails that should have gone to someone with the same name as me because our email addresses were very similar and we shared the same ISP. It shouldn't have happened, but it did! As an experiment, I suggest you set up another email address sufficiently different to your current one (most ISPs allow you to set up extra addresses) and do your tests again. If mails still go astray, summat is adrift in the system somewhere, but if they don't it suggests some of your originals may possibly be heading in someone else's direction. If blocked by their spam filter they might not even know about them! Good luck.
Lonekro

Kurnal 15:01 13 Jan 07

Still having problems and have made a high level complaint to BT - fix it or I go elsewhere.
Have set up a hotmail address and find if I mail mayself about 20% dont get through - but some get through twice.
Have come across 3 other BT customers who are having the same problem as me and the customer services guy who dealt with my latest complaint told me I was by no means the first to make this complaint.
I need a good, fully reliable ISP with good bandwidth and reasonable email size limits of 10 megs minimum- dont mind what the fee is so long as the service is 100%.
Any recommendations please?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…