Emails don't send

jonmac 19:05 11 Mar 03

After replacing a hard disk and reloading all the software my emails don't send. The following error message appears

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.freeserve.com', Server: 'smtp.freeserve.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Incoming emails are receivd OK
Anyone know why?

recap 19:09 11 Mar 03

click here jonmac it may help you?

anchor 19:23 11 Mar 03

Try this:

Go to Tools > Accounts> Mail> Properties> Advanced. Uncheck the option to use Secure(SSL).

jonmac 21:39 11 Mar 03

Anchor - Excccuse the delay replying, Had to join the wrinklies at the bowling!!
Checked out the SSL business but it wasn't checked (if you see what I mean) so I'm still confused.

beeuuem 23:31 11 Mar 03

Does this apply?
click here

jonmac 23:49 11 Mar 03

It wasn't my own PC I was working on but a friends to which I had fitted a new HD.
The solution (per Freeserve - why didn't I phone them first I wonder? Maybe 50p per minute) turned out to be a change of dial-up number to get round the fact that his number is ex-directory.
thanks anyway guys

discjockey 09:57 17 Mar 03

any idea out there why this is so - any ideas or solutions appreciated lion

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…