emails disappear into thin air!

festor2300 21:16 01 Sep 04

Every time i receive an email, outlook will tell me that i have that email in my inbox but as soon as i open it the email will instantly disappear. There is no trace of it and the inbox will say its empty.

Its the same with sending, I have tried virus scanning with updated virus scanners and software but nothing is ever found. This has been going on for 6 months but nobody knows anything about it!! PLEASE HELP

My email account is with telewest blueyonder but i am now using hotmail as an alternative (not via outlook obviously)

VoG II 21:45 01 Sep 04

Is this Outlook or Outlook Express and what version? Have you set-up any rules?

festor2300 22:41 01 Sep 04

Its outlook express version 6, I have not set any rules or altered anything. All I do is read my mail and send mail and thats it. It just started happening on its own, its a real puzzle! and very frustrating. Any help would be very much apprieciated.

festor2300 22:41 01 Sep 04

Its outlook express version 6, I have not set any rules or altered anything. All I do is read my mail and send mail and thats it. It just started happening on its own, its a real puzzle! and very frustrating. Any help would be very much apprieciated.

VoG II 22:57 01 Sep 04

Look in Tools/Message Rules/Mail and make sure that a rule has not been set by accident.

"but i am now using hotmail as an alternative (not via outlook obviously)" - does the same thing happen if you set up OE to read your Hotmail messages?

festor2300 20:09 03 Sep 04

looked in tools/message rules/mail and no rules have been set.

I set up oe to read hotmail messages. After i did this all my unread messages were there and I was able to read them as normal. I sent myself a message via another hotmail account and it arrived and I could read that too no problem.

So it must be a problem with my blueyonder email.
Any ideas?

Thanks for your input so far!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…