Emails from Canada and USA

Buchan 35 23:25 18 Dec 04

Is it likely that the SP2 firewall is blocking emails from my family . Or could it be Avast4 or even AVG 7? Any help will be most appreciated.

originalmiscellany 00:41 19 Dec 04

no, not at all... Virus killers will check your email and alert you when you have a virus but will not delete your emails.

The firewall stops certain things being accessible over t'internet.

Could it be that there have been internet problems with the email provider or that these emails have been sent to the junk/trash can?

try emailing your family and ask them to respond to a number of email addresses if you have them to see if it will help in identifying where the problem is.

cheers

Buchan 35 10:08 19 Dec 04

Thans originalmiscellany, I`ve tried that. My next is to get onto my ISP

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:28 19 Dec 04

Send them an email and get them to use the reply function. This will show if their ISP is having problems...either that or they have disowned you.

G

are your relatives entered into your address book properly A daft question but sometimes this happens. try entering them again. I use incredimail & sometimes friends e mails are put into the junk folder. I check junk mail every time more often than not to delete them or send them back It is easy to add them to your approved list & add the address to your address book My ISP does filter all emails & scans them but if they have a virus then I never receive them but my ISP plusnet do inform me

Buchan 35 17:34 19 Dec 04

Thanks for the help. Appreciated

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…