Emails from Banks ??

mahalo 19:35 14 May 05

Today I received an email from a well known bank asking me to confirm my details, in order to keep my account, due to a bank software failure. I also recently had another two from other banks, one I do not have an account with, asking the same thing. Has anyone else experienced this ?. I have ignored them, but the one today looks genuine but how can I tell ??

woodchip 19:38 14 May 05

A Bank does not need to know INFO like that It's Private. Even from Employees

Yabadaba 19:47 14 May 05

Don't send any details ,this is a scam.

Technotiger 19:51 14 May 05

Definately a scam - a bank will never ask you for details, especially by email.

LastChip 19:51 14 May 05

it's a spoof.

Most banks, if they communicate in this manner at all, will be via their own secure on line server, that you would access through your own secure account.

E-mails from banks are confined to the equivalent of mail shots, advertising their products. They certainly would not ask for such information in the way you have described.

mahalo 20:01 14 May 05

I have looked at the banks website "security", they confirmed what all of you have said, they do not send emails to clients asking for details. They give a phone number to ring, and a message confirms that it is a scam and not to give out any details. There is also a website click here which gives advice about the scams. Hope this is of help to anyone who has the same problem.

stalion 20:04 14 May 05

bin it and any time you get a similar type email.
Also does your bank have your email address? I would think probably not.

hssutton 20:24 14 May 05

I get several of these each week, but they are intercepted by my ISP (plusnet) who inform me about them, with info on how to recieve them should I so wish.

mahalo 09:37 15 May 05

Stalion, I get several spam emails a day , I always "empty" the bulk file without opening the emails, but this one was so convincing I thought it could be right and opened this one, but as I said we phoned the bank just to make sure. I just really wanted more or less to warn others of it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…