emails all have html attachments

dewskit 10:17 16 Apr 03

Since upgrading to IE6 I have noticed that all emails sent and received are showing an attachment, which if clicked on and opened contains the same text as the email itself.
I have my email settings to 'Plain Text' in both send and receive modes, so am rather puzzled by this.
Any ideas - or better still suggestions on how to get rid of this seeming waste of space and time due to redundant information
Thanks
Tony

Try posting in the helproom.

jazzypop 23:24 16 Apr 03

You have answered your own question.

By setting the receive status to Plain Text, you have told your email program (presumably OE6) to not display additional information (different fonts, colours, bold, italic etc).

Rather than 'throw away' this information, your email program converts it to an html attachment.

If you want, you can click on this and view the message as it was originally sent.

Don't fret about it, it is happening by design. You have chosen the most secure method of viewing emails - there is no chance of running unwanted scripts with plain text.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…