Emails about Oil prices...!

hawthorn59 03:49 10 Nov 06

Hi folks

Ive been getting 4 or 5 emails a day for several months now, with what appears to be info on shares, oil, etc. Ive never replied or tried to unsubscribe (theres no link anyway) but they still arrive. I cant figure out their purpose as theyre not looking for you to sign anything, or send money or give email address etc. This is a portion of the text from one of them:

"We called it yesterday and now it's up 100%! Brand new
issue, Cana Petroleum, heading straight up!

VERY tightly held, in a booming business sector, with a
huge publicity campaign starting up, Cana Petroleum (CNPM)
is already bringing our readers huge gains. We advise you
to get in on this one as well and ride it to the top!

Symbol: CNPM
Current Price: 5.87
Projected Price: $15.40"

Did anyone else see or receive these, or has anyone any idea what theyre about?

h

Cobber 05:20 10 Nov 06

Yep...
Again, it looks like someone is passing on lists of e-mail addies for spamming. Just bin them.

kenwyn 06:27 10 Nov 06

also been getting the same down here in New Zealand; sometimes half a dozen a day, always from a different sender so very hard to log them as spam -also sometimes arrive containing lots of random sentences, as if someone has copied random paragraphs from different novels; -designed to beat the spam filters? - Same as thehill - not sure what the purpose of them actually is (apart from to annoy!) unless part of some mass US pyramid selling scheme?

octal 06:33 10 Nov 06

Be careful with those emails because they are in graphic format which contains a virus, I can't remember which one because it was a while ago. I just delete them now.

And so do the phishing ones as well, I had two in my Junk folder when I ran my AV yesterday, they were probably Trojans rather than virus, but still nasty.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017